People have been talking a lot about introverts lately. This may have something to do with Susan Cain’s new book Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking, which is currently #46 on Amazon’s bestseller list. I haven’t read it but I know for a fact that I am an introvert living in a world of extroverts. I’ve decided to share a bit about this experience by describing a few of the most common phrases I use when dealing with extroverts. (more…)
A Survival/Zombie Thriller, Available Now
A boy and his twin sister discover they are descendants of ancient gods…
Telepathic teens struggle against a tyrannical government in a dystopian future…
A father goes to Hell in search of his little girl…
Book 2 in the epic Luminether Series, coming early 2015
Sign Up For My Newsletter to Hear About New BooksThose who sign up for my newsletter receive updates about new releases and free book giveaways! Click here to sign up...
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
All posts tagged introversion
Posted in Social Commentary
Posted by Richard Denoncourt on May 14, 2012
You’re Following My Blog, Now Sign Up for My NewsletterThose who sign up for my newsletter receive updates about new releases and free book giveaways! Click here to sign up...
- Retiring this blog and moving over to SquareSpace – Also, get Outbreak for free
- How 6 Pieces of Self-Publishing Advice Led to Averaging $1,250 a Month in Book Sales
- Why Reading Outside Your Genre Makes You a Better Writer
- The New Year for Writers: It’s All About Daily Goals
- What a High-Volume Sales Job has Taught Me About Publishing
- StoryCrafting Tip #1: It doesn’t matter what the goal is, as long as there is one.
- A “Shark Tank” Publishing House for Authors: But Could It Work?
- Hannibal Lecter and Buffallo Bill: Three Qualities of Great Villains
- On Getting Older
- What It Really Means to Be an Introvert
- The Difference Between a Camera and a Person
- How to Be Happy
- How to Write Good
- On Scaring Children
- Where do writers get their ideas?
- The Top 5 Reasons for the Success of The Hunger Games
Subjects I Blog About
Follow me on Twitter!
TagsAmazon Barry Eisler book review celebrities character character development content craft creative writing dystopian fiction english entertainment extroversion for kids gambler press genres genre writing getting older happiness hollywood horror horror fiction hugh howey hunger games indie publishing introversion intuitive assimilation JA Konrath kindle life literary writing lord of the rings love malcolm gladwell money movie review outliers personality type POV reading recommended books sales sales job self-publishing shark tank short stories sideways skill social media story development storytelling theme the swimmer twitter volume writing